Hi, I’m Amanda Boone. Welcome to my website. I am currently a master’s student at Stanford University, studying Management Science and Engineering (MS&E).
My background is in Mechanical Engineering. After my undergraduate degree from Rice University, I worked as a Mechanical Engineer for Schlumberger where I focused on down hole drilling Mud Motors. My full resume can be found on LinkedIn.
I love learning, problem solving and building new things. In high school, I harnessed my creativity and making as scrapbooks and VEX robotics. At Rice University, my making took a turn towards rapid prototyping, creating hands on STEM projects for underrepresented middle and high school students, and mechanical engineering. From Rice, I spent 2 years workings hands designing and supporting the manufacturing of Progressive Cavity Mud Drilling motors. Through this I gained valuable experience working across functions and teams to solve complex problems and deliver quality products to our customers. Coming back to school at Stanford, I have continued making and problem solving with ElectriStitch, Management Science Research, and a mix of technical and strategic courses.
My driving strengths from Strengths Finder are:
- Achiever – “An internal fire burning inside of you… power supply that keeps you moving”
- Learner – “It enables you to thrive in dynamic work environments”
- Significant – “Want your work to be a way of life rather than a job.”
- Focus – “It forces you to filter; you instinctively evaluate whether or not a particular action will help you move toward your goal.”
- Analytical – “You want to understand how certain patterns affect one another.”
Check out some of my recent projects.
Feel free to contact me for my resume or to talk.